Sam Goldbloom celebrates victory with son Mark and wife Bev.
Celebrating my election to a third mandate
I am pleased and honoured to have won a third successive mandate as the city councillor for District 1 on November 3, 2013. Thanks to the hard work of my campaign team, I was able to garner 491 votes compared to my competitors Marissa Sidel (112) and Stewart Wiseman (35). I wish to congratulate Marissa and Stewart for their efforts.
During the campaign, I had a number of goals and objectives:
- The inauguration of a shuttle service to pick residents up on MacDonald and stopping at the Jewish General Hospital, St. Mary`s Hospital and the Cummings Centre weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Introduce a citizen vegetable garden
- Pursue renovations and enhancements for Harold Greenspon and Lea Roback Parks
- Continue to make the library more accessible to those individuals who are not mobile
- Introduce District 1 Information meetings
- Favourable towards express bus lanes on Côte Saint-Luc Road to improve mass transit.